A native of Los Angeles, California, Sean Lotman is based in Japan. Having spent most of his twenties and thirties working on narrative fiction, he is now focused on photography, particularly color darkroom printing. His first photo book, Sunlanders, was published in London by Bemojake in September, 2016. He is currently working on his second book, Blown Zen Moments, which pairs prints made with the Dian f+ toy camera with haiku poetry. He lives in Kyoto with his wife, the photographer Ariko Inaoka, and their young son, Tennbo.
- Sunlanders, 2016 (HAPTIC FEATURED ARTIST: Available for a limited time in the HAPTIC shop)
- Blown Zen Moments (Ongoing)
- Postcards from the Darkroom: I
- Postcards from the Darkroom: II
- Postcards from the Darkroom: III
- Postcards from the Darkroom: IV